AirTV Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how AirTV L.L.C. (“AirTV”) collects, uses, and discloses information about users and usage of the AirTV devices (the “Product”). In the Notice, the terms “AirTV”, “we”, “us”, or “our” refer to AirTV L.L.C., which sells the Product, as well as its affiliates. The term “you” refers to you as a user of the AirTV devices. Your use of the Product including any associated hardware, software, or mobile application constitutes your acceptance of this Notice.
This Notice does not apply to DISH Network, L.L.C. or its subsidiaries, EchoStar Corporation or its subsidiaries, Sling TV L.L.C, or any other product or service provided by DISH or Sling that is covered by a separate privacy notice
I. What Information We Collect About You
A. Information provided by You
We collect information that you provide AirTV through the airtv.net sites and through the device, as applicable, including: your name, shipping address, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, bank account and/or credit card number, logins and passwords to websites and apps, and other account information.
B. Usage Information
When you use the Product, our systems automatically collect certain information regarding your use of the Product. This information may include the IP address associated with your AirTV device, the model type, device identifiers, where you purchased the device, whether any special offer code was associated with the purchase and the time and duration you use the Product. We will also collect, in an anonymized fashion, data regarding your use of the applications on the Product, including network and zip code data. We may also collect examples of your voice commands to improve the voice features of the Product.
When you or someone in your household watches a video program, we may collect a record of your viewing activity.
D. Third Party Collection
We also may receive information about you and your household from third parties such as programmers, business partners, consumer reporting agencies, and other data companies to enhance or supplement our records, products, or service offerings. This information may allow us to send you promotions that interest you or serve advertisements to you that match your interests and concerns.
E. Third Party Services and Websites
F. Cookies and Other Technologies
Please visit the “What Choices Do You Have?” section for further information, including about Do Not Track and how to disable cookies.
G. Children’s Information
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Product or any services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of sixteen. If we learn that a child under the age of sixteen has provided personal information to us, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
II. How We Use Your Information
The information we collect about you is used by AirTV for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- informing you of products, programming or services that may be of interest to you;
- making programming recommendations;
- understanding the use of, and identifying improvements to, our products and services;
- providing maintenance and support for the Product, including software updates;
- determining whether applicable policies and terms of service are being violated;
- configuring the Product;
- performing statistical or qualitative research and analysis;
- conducting surveys and marketing activity;
- fulfilling your orders and requests;
- complying with law; and
- as otherwise necessary to ensure the Product’s operation.
Personal information and usage information may be aggregated and/or deidentified for other business and marketing uses by us. This aggregated and/or de-identified data may be used to improve our products and services, to measure and analyze use of our products and services, to provide more relevant marketing and advertising, to measure advertising effectiveness, to conduct market research, to report ratings and viewer measurement, and for other analytical and reporting purposes.
We may combine the various information we collect and receive from and about you, including account information, personal information, usage information, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third-party sources.
III. Disclosure of Information to Others
AirTV treats information about you (including personal information) contained in our business records as confidential. We may share information about you with select partners in order to provide you with the best products and services. Our agreements with business partners and service providers that collect information limit the types and use of information shared with these companies.
A. When May AirTV Share Information about You?
1. With service providers in order to provide products and services to you
We may share information about you to companies that work for or provide services to us (but only as much as is necessary for them to perform the service), such as our:
- Billing processors;
- Software providers;
- Marketing companies;
- Outside auditors and professional advisors;
- Potential business merger, acquisition, or sale partners;
- Regulators, government agencies; and
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies.
2. As necessary to protect AirTV and its employees
We may also share information about you (including personal information) to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; and to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies, in court or elsewhere.
3. For “mailing list” purposes
We may share your name and address with others, such as charities, marketing organizations, or other businesses for satellite or non-satellite “mailing list” purposes. Any such disclosure for “mailing list” purposes would be limited to subscriber names and addresses, and the disclosure does not reveal, directly or indirectly, (i) the extent of any subscriber’s viewing or use of a satellite service or other service provided by us; or (ii) the nature of any transaction made by the subscriber over any facilities used by us.
B. When AirTV Must Disclose Personal Information
We may be required by law to comply with a valid legal process, such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, or where there is a lawful request, to disclose information about you (including personal information) without your consent or notice. We may also be required to disclose personal information to a third party or governmental entity in response to a court order. If the court order is sought by a governmental entity, you should be afforded the opportunity to appear and contest in a court proceeding relevant to the court order any claims made in support of the court order.
C. Sharing of Information that Is Not Personally Identifiable
1. Aggregated and de-identified information
We may share information collected or received from or about you in de-identified and/or aggregate formats. We may share this with companies that collect and compile consumer data, including those that create reports about what programs people watch.
IV. What Choices Do You Have?
A. Cookies and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our website and services require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be automatically recognized upon revisiting and may not be able to use certain features of the services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
V. Your California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Rights
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
1. You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business or commercial purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
2. You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, for an internal business purpose, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
3. To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us at +1(866) 986- 0068 or visit our Privacy Portal. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. We will respond to your opt out of sale requests promptly.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
VI. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits Nevada residents to make certain requests about how their personal information is shared with third parties or affiliated companies. To make such a request, please visit our Privacy Portal.
VII. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to personally identifiable information by anyone other than you or AirTV. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personally identifiable information.
VIII. How Long We Maintain Your Personally Identifiable Information
AirTV maintains personally identifiable information about you in our regular business records for a period of three (3) years after you purchase the product.
IX. Changes to This Notice
We may modify this notice at any time. We will notify you of any material changes through written, electronic, including placing an updated version on the Product, or other means as permitted by law.
Version: January 2020